- What: Café Scientifique featuring UVic Women in Science
- Who: Anyone who wants to come
- Where: Hermann’s Jazz Club, 753 View Street, Victoria, BC V8W 1J9
- When: February 13th 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- How to sign up: Please RSVP on Eventbrite
UVic's Café Scientifique is a series of evening seminars that seek to bridge the research-to-public gap. These cafés provide insight into topics of popular interest that appeal to the lover of knowledge in all of us.
This week Café Scientifique will feature UVic Women in Science members who are conducting cutting-edge research into cancer drugs, infectious disease, drug detection, and diagnostics. This is a fantastic opportunity to support and connect with women in science in a casual setting and discuss interesting and innovative biomedical research that is happening at UVic.
UVic WiS presenters for the evening include:
- Karen Lithgow, BSc, PhD student in the Department of Biochemistry & Microbiology
- Natalia Milosevich, BSc, PhD student in the Department of Chemistry
- Hannah Charnock, BSc student in the Department of Chemistry
- Meagan Beatty, BSc, PhD student, Department of Chemistry
Please remember to RSVP on Eventbrite. Doors open at 5:00 PM and the talks will start at 6:30 PM. Menu items available for purchase. Parking is free after 5:00 PM in the parkade beside Hermann's. Seating is limited so please try to arrive prior to 6:30 PM to get a good seat. We look forward to seeing you there!